On Thursday morning a 56 year old mother reportedly saved her family during a house fire in the Greenlake neighborhood. Firefighters were called to the tangletown home around 3:30am, responding to a call for smoke sightings. The Seattle fire department spoke with the woman, who said she awoke in the middle of the night to the sound of her smoke detector going off, and ran upstairs to wake her 21 year old son and three small grandchildren, the oldest one only 5 years old. The woman was reportedly taken to Harborview Medical Center for treatment of smoke inhalation and the fire was reportedly caused by an overheated extension cord on the second floor of their home. Damage to the home was ruled as accidental, and estimated to cost $75,000 in damages.